Sunday, March 7, 2010

Layered Frames and Flower Card

Hello Friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday. It's a cloudy day here in California but it's okay. . .we need water. . . California is drying up! Although I don't like the rain so much, it really helps keep fires from starting up and also keep the landscape nice and green. Being raised in Hawaii, I've never lived where the landscape wasn't green and lush. I lived on the "Leeward" side on the island of Oahu and it's the driest area of the island. I remember thinking back then how brown and dry the landscape was but until I moved to Southern California, wow. . .I now know what brown and dry is. LOL! So, I shouldn't complain about the rain but instead welcome it.. . .it makes everything beautiful. It also clears the smog so you can see the mountains in the distance.

I decided to create a card using my Cricut Expression! I'm really having a lot of fun with it. I have the program "Sure Cuts A Lot 2" and I absolutely LOVE it! The possibilities are endless and I don't have to buy those expensive cartridges. What turned me off in the past with the Cricut was that I did not like the idea of having to buy cartridges. Now that there is a program that allows you to cut not only svg files but most image files including jpeg, png, and giff files. Wow, you can basically cut anything with the Cricut Expression.


I found this great blog site that post free svg files. The blog site that I found the svg file for the layered frame is "Images by Heather". If you have a Cricut Machine and the Sure Cuts A Lot 1 or 2 program, check out this blog site. There's a lot of pretty frames and border files.

There's actually a lot of websites, group sites, and blog sites that share svg files. I'd like to one day be able to find the time to create my own images to share but it's just another thing that I really don't think I can find the time to do. I really wish I had more time to do everything I want to do. LOL! I have a long "dream list". I call it a "dream list" because some of the things on my list are quite grand. I'd like to think I can accomplish a few of them one day.


I initially was going to stamp an image but decided to use my Prima flowers instead. All I did was layer the flowers and attach them together with a brad.

Anyway. . .that's it for today. I think I'll spend my day crafting. Before I go, I recently discovered this song by Kutless. It's a beautiful song. The lyrics makes you reflect on life. . .I think you'll like it!



I hope you all have a beautiful and glorious Sunday.

6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Smita said...

Lovely colors... beautiful card. I absolutely adore the detailing.

Hugs,
Smita

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Maria. Love the colors and those pretty flowers... nice frames! I have the machine, but hardly ever use it... haven't figured out that program yet...

Tina said...

Maria - this is a wonderful card. Thanks for the lead on the svg files.

xo
tina

Little C's Creations said...

Love that frame cut! It's a wonder how the Cricut n' SCAL can do sooo many, huh?! I love your card and the colors you've choose! Thanks for posting the video, it's awesome!!!

Blessings,
Jen

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Maria! Luv the new blog look by the way. I know I've been away for so long sorry, just not enough hours in the day. I will be in your neck of the woods next month but don't know if I have enough time to get together...we'll see. Take care

Hugs
Rita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |