Monday, March 1, 2010

CC Designs Mermaid and Britt Nicole Video

Hi Friends!! Yay! It's March. . .meaning a new day, a new week, and a new month! I was looking forward to the start of a new month. . why? Well, last month was such a sucky month for me. I had such a negative attitude about everything. . .ugggh, I was beginning to not able to stand my own company! LOL!

I was eating unhealthy food, not wanting to craft, not wanting to blog, not wanting to do my chores. The only thing I managed to do is attend church weekly and exercising 3x a week. Other than that. . .life was pretty much blaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Ugggh! I blame it on the rain! LOL! It's been raining here in normally sunny California every week for the past month. Maybe it was chemically induced. . . .. I was telling my husband that the virus I caught in January affected me chemically. I wonder if that can happen. Maybe it attacked my brain.

Anyway. . .so. . .I will be more positive this month. Kick me if you start to hear me whine and complain. . okay. Sometimes I need someone to kick me in the butt and have me snap out of my miserable state.

Well. . .this card was fun to make!!! I used my new CC Designs stamp that you can find at Little C's. I decided to do something different by creating waves on my card! I typically create cards with a regular layout. I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone. I created the wave with a Creative Memories "scallop" ruler and hand cut the scallop.


I colored my image with my Copic Markers then I added a ric rac and a ribbon. That's about it.

Before I go, I wanted to share a video and song with you. I love listening to Christian bands. Because I live in a valley, it's really difficult to receive transmission of radio stations and the only station that would transmit clearly is the radio station "Air 1". It's a "positive alternative music" station. . .aka. .Christian alternative and positive music. They play a mix of Christian and mainstream music (non-Christian) but all with positive messages.

I wonder if it was God's message to me that I needed to return to him. I've been raised Catholic and attended church throughout my childhood but when I came of age, I sort of stepped away from attending church. While I was in college, I discovered Buddhism and began practicing its philosophies and spiritual practices and I still do. I learned a lot from it. The understanding that we are in control of our thoughts and actions are something I truly believe in. . . that it's not a "higher power" that wills us to be good and compassionate. But. . .I sort of had this mistaken idea that you can't practice Buddhism and Christianity at the same time because the practice is somewhat different. But, the truth is . . .you can be both, not in practice but in values. The values and philosophies are actually very similar.

Anyway. . .back to Air 1. Well, because of Air 1, I discovered music that I absolutely LOVE!!!! The band at our church plays many of the songs that this station plays! I love it.

Okay. . .now to the video. This is a video of a song by Britt Nicole. I love her music. This is one of my favorite songs. . .it's called "You". I have a lot of favorites actually but this is just one of them. I wanted to share it with you. It sort of sums up my experience. . .)

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!!



Card Details:

Stamps: CC Designs Mermaid, Pink Cat Studio
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU So Saffron, Soft Sky (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU Grosgrain Ribbon, Making Memories Ric Rac, Creative Memories Scallop ruler, Nestabilities


7 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Such a beautiful card Maria! LOVE that sweet mermaid and those papers are delicious!! What a bright and cheery card - hope that the rain goes away over there!! Sending you big sunny hugs!
Sankari :))

Tonniece said...

Hey Maria
Wow..... for being down in the dumps, you sure are one busy lady. I can't keep up with you. LOL Now me, I have been in the dumps for almost a yr. (as my poor neglected blog can attest to) and you can sure tell. Wish I could be more pro action like you.

I love the card, so bright and cheery. Great song also.

Hope you get some sunny days real soon.

Big Hugs
Tonni

Scrappinangler said...

Awe, glad to hear things are getting back to normal - hope you have a better month! This little mermaid is adorable. Love all of the layering! ~T

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria. Love the cute image and the waves. :o) Great song!

Christine said...

Awesome card Maria!! I love all the details. Great work!
xoxo, Christine

Vicki G said...

Beautiful Darling!

CreativeMish said...

what a beautiful little mermaid! I've been listening to Air 1 for about 3 years! It's the best!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |